The air machine is not generating enough air pressure and flow to inflate the tire to the desired pressure. Please check for the following:
- Air leak due to bad chuck, coil hose, faulty check valve or electronic head pressure sensor tube.
- A bad electronic pressure relief valve.
- Bad input hoses, compressor fittings, mechanical relief valve (machines after March 2013) or inline filter (machines prior 2011).
- Bad Electronic head, solenoid valve or electronic board.
- Bad compressor filter or weak compressor.
Run quarters through the machine multiple times.
- If the unit misses one coin, replace the coin acceptor switch.
- Check the store breaker to make sure it is on
- Check the air machine’s breaker within the unit to make sure it is on
- Check power connections into the breaker from power source and from the breaker to the unit.
- If problem persist, contact our tech support.
The microprocessor is frozen – normally due to an electrical surge or short.
***CAUTION: ELECTRICAL HAZARD***
- The unit needs to be reset. Power down the air machine, wait 30 seconds and then power up the unit.
- If the problem persists, replace the electronic head.
- Make sure the pressure in the tire is not less than the set pressure (this is a common mistake with first-time users).
- If this is not the case, please check the output connections for leaks. The output hose consist of:
- Coil hose
- Elbow connection for coil hose
- Blue standard ¼” hose from head unit to Elbow connection
Note: The best way to check for an output leak is to turn the unit off and connect the chuck to a fully inflated tire. If there is a leak, you should be able to hear air escaping.
If problem persist, contact Excel Tech Support.