Did You Know?
- NHTSA Study finds under-inflated and worn tires increase the likelihood
of a crash by 3 times
- As a rule of thumb, the life of a tire decreases 10% for every 10% it is underinflated.
- A tire under- or over-inflated by 20% or more can look normal. Yet, 59% of drivers interviewed rely on visual eye-checks for tire pressure.
/ Be Tire Smart campaign • Canada
- 27% of passenger cars on U.S. roadways are driven with one or more substantially under-inflated tires. / NHTSA
- Awareness of the benefits of proper tire inflation has increased substantially, due to public education efforts and the mandate of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS). / Rubber Association of Canada