Did You Know?
- The average driver wastes 44 gallons of gasoline a year due to underinflated tires — 2.8 billion gallons nationally. / Southern California
- Under-inflation is the leading cause of tire failure. Yet, 27% of cars and 32% of vans, pickup trucks and SUVs have at least one tire underinflated. / NHTSA study
- NHTSA Study finds under-inflated and worn tires increase the likelihood of a crash by 3 times
- Studies show vehicles with underinflated tires three times more likely to be in an accident
- 14% of gas stations are either not equipped with air pumps, or have malfunctioning units. Less than half that offer air pumps have tire pressure gauges. / NHTSA study
- 85% of American drivers do not properly check tire inflation pressure. / Rubber Manufacturers Association survey
- 75% of drivers wash their cars every month, while only 14% correctly check their tire pressure. / Be Tire Smart campaign • Canada